Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Grrr!

I'm Dissatisfied today.

-Why? You ask.

I'm not sure.

-Then let it go.

I tried that already, it hasn't worked yet.

-Well, what's really bothering you?

I don't know, I'm dissatisfied, and grouchy. Everything I experience today is clouded by a field of negativity. Even listening to the things my friends say, I automatically start to judge and criticize internally.

-That's a dangerous place to be.

I know. When I feel this start to happen I pull back, readjust my thinking and move on. The difference about today is that I've had to do this continually.

-And is it working?

Well, I'm trying to be open-minded, but I still feel dissatisfied. Like something isn't quite right.

-Change something then.

But what? It's just a general dissatisfaction, a sort of bleah feeling.

- Well, change what you can. Sit differently. Mix things up a bit.

Maybe.

-Write about it - purge it from your system. Vent and then move on.

Ok.

********************

I understand what Nigel was getting at in earlier posts: How in the Western world when you are feeling unsatisfied you almost feel guilty. We have so much here, we should appreciate what we have and not let the ugly feeling of dissatisfaction creep in. There are millions of people in the world who would trade places with me in an instant. I know that. I also think about one of Chris Bailey's recent posts: You Can't Always Get what you want:

"However, what happens when we don't get what we want? How do we respond? Sadly, I've been known to shake my fist at the heavens and complain about the unfairness of it all. I've also been told that I can be a bit melodramatic at times, as well.
Just maybe there's greater learning in not having our desires completely met. Okay, obviously. But, often getting to the core of that learning takes patience and an openness to considering other possibilities. Take time to slow down, get curious, and reflect on what's there. Because you may not get what you want, but you do get what you need."


I think it is ok to be Dissatisfied. I also think that there is additional learning to be had in riding out our dissatisfaction- looking deeper into what we really do need (as Chris says) and honoring the little voice inside ourself which is trying to tell us that maybe something isn't right (even if it's not the something we think it is.

Cuz I try, and I try, and I try and I try... but I can't get no satisfaction.... today.
But I can try to listen to myself to feel better tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home