Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Words to Live By?

For those of you ho have been feeling as low-energy and uninspired as Nigel and I have recently, here are some "happy thoughts"

- Every day is a chance to create something, so cook a nice meal, draw a picture, write, or do whatever gives you a sense of accomplishment. Then you know that you've accomplished something that day.

- Take time for a coffee break with somebody that makes you smile. Nigel and I do this at least a couple times a week, and if we didn't I don't think I'd make it through some weeks.

- Call your mother (I know, I know.) Or if not your mother call your gramma or your aunt or your sister, or brother or some long - time friend who knows you really well. You'll probably feel pretty good afterward.

- Remember to BREATHE. Modern humans are notorious for breathing poorly. Here's how to take a real breath: 1) put your hand on your belly. 2) Breathe in through your nose and as you do, let the air expand your lungs until your belly (and hand) is being pushed outward with the inhalation 3) Exhale through your mouth, and as you do, let your belly and hand return to the starting position. There, don't you feel better?

Pamper yourself: Have a bubble bath, light some candles, play some soft music... Give yourself permission to relax.

I feel better already :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home