Friday, March 18, 2005

Tired Now...

First Gig of Three this weekend was last night. Needless to say, my ears are still ringing and I can't quite think straight...whee!

We get there and the lead singer of the band we were filming tells us that he plugged in the light for the stage and it blew up.

It blew up.

Now for those of you who have never filmed anything before, let me tell you - no light = no picture. What we can see in low light with our 3D eyes, doesn't translate to 2D film - you just see alot of darkness and shadows that run into each other.

So we have no light.

That's....ok... Our camera has a "night shot" function which means that we can still pick up detail. Problem with night shot though: it's kinda like those night vision glasses that you see on TV - it turns everything green.

So instead of a shadowy blur we have detailed green. Oh well, it's St Patricks day so green is fitting :-P

************************************************************

So halfway through the show, my partner and I are sitting down and wondering if it's even worth filming tonight - we worry that we'll end up with two hours of basically unusable footage.

Then my partner (brilliant man, I sure wish I had thought of this) gets an idea:

"Black and white" Stylized for effect! We can convert the green to black and white with a simple colour corrector program we have on our video editing suite. Then we can use all the footage we shot in a classy non - green kind of way. It's so crazy it just might work!

We're going back in tonight to shoot some more - I'm excited

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home