Monday, March 14, 2005

Busy and yet at a Stand Still

Hey, me too :-)

It feels like I feel paralyzed some days by the amount of things on my plate. I should take the bull by the horns, and allow the stress to have a positive effect on my life - translating into getting more done, but instead I do nothing (or do things that do not help my work load - like surf the net or take on a NEW project) and just get more and more stressed.

But at least I don't feel like that every day :-) If I did, I would never get out of bed in the morning.

I was sick on Friday, and most of the weekend. I feel like I've had the same cold for three months now, and it only occasionally gets worse (necessitating a sick day) or better (when I only have a little headache, and most of my energy.) I went to the doctor last week, and he diagnosed my headaches as stress related - and told me that I probably caught the other various bugs (colds and flu, I think I've had most of the ones this year) at the office.

So I figure, I'm stressed about work, and therefore my immune system is not working which is causing me to get sick all the time.

Problem is... I am not the only one at work who is sick all the time. EVERYBODY has been getting sick alot this year.

Now let's think about that for a minute. What kind of environment DOES this to people?

Managers, take note. This is an important piece to the employee productivity puzzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home