Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Critical Mass

If you live in British Columbia, Canada: have you voted yet?

Did you know that your employer must provide full-time employees with 4 “clear” hours of time in which to vote? Therefore, as the polls are open from 8am to 8pm, if you work from 9-5 you are entitled to leave work an hour early or you could have started work 3 hours late. Sorry I didn’t write this post earlier…to employers: I am not trying to take advantage of the ‘system’ but merely inform employees of their rights [I voted before work today and did not miss any time – but I live in the downtown core so I did not need time to reach my local polling station nor did I have any familial responsibilities, etc. that would have made reaching that polling station, in my off-time, difficult]. If you, as an employer, did tell your employees about this option, good for you and please continue the good work by reading Rosa Say and learning numerous other methods for remaining an empathetic manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home