Monday, April 04, 2005

My Eyes are Burning but I am Chomping at the Bit

Not fully awake and it is almost noon (I forgive myself because the clocks jumped forward this Sunday and there was a cat fight in the hall last night, as well as a dog with fitful dreams in my bed). Resources for those of you who find yourselves in the same pet-sitter role here...

I had a wonderfully inspiring Friday night with Jay and Target Market (check out T.M.’s arresting poem ‘Wet Dream’). I had hoped this start to my weekend would bear fruit of a creative kind but I let my new duties as zoo keeper fill my head to the point of overload…and it is Monday again. I suppose, as long as I jot down those little flames of beginning ideas, I can come to them again when I have moved back to my own home next week. Wasn’t it Hemingway who always said he liked to stop writing before the ink well was dry so he would have a little something to start with, the following day?

Potential:
1) project with Jay
2) my own stories
3) article spin off from thesis

It feels like time to get very cliché and rent a writer’s cabin somewhere…but a little at a time may be my new modus operandi (thank you for the suggestion, Jay).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home