Monday, March 28, 2005

The Corporation

Tomorrow, The Corporation comes out on DVD. This is required viewing, and has made me think more deeply about my life choices. It hits you with real, hard-to-hear facts, but in the end leaves you with some hope for the future. People really can change things if they want to.

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm at work. Nobody I work with really wants to be here today. Our offices are downtown, in an area where there are many other business and government offices. I think that we are the only ones working today though. As a result, we don't have too many customers. Everybody is at home enjoying Easter with their families and friends. We are working.

I can't help but wonder. Is it worthe he associated costs of heat, wages, power, etc. to even have us IN today? Most of the people that I spoke with on the weekend were genuinely surprised that I was working. If these people are any indication of what the general public thinks, then who is going to know that we are open to serve them? It's not like we've hired a plane to sky write over our offices "Yes, we're open - come in and spend your Easter helping Capitalism thrive!!!"

Maybe if we had skywriting - we'd have more clients today. Seems to work in Vegas.

As it stands, I'm not sure what I'll be doing today.

Maybe I'll clean out my desk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home