Thursday, March 03, 2005

You are What You Want to Be...

Think about that for a second.

You ARE what you WANT to BE.

There is this moment of opportunity, when you are just meeting new people for the first time, or when you start presenting yourself to the world for the first time (like when writing a blog) when you can present yourself as anything you want to be. The people listening to you have no reason to disbelieve your version of yourself, and if you are lacking confidence, maybe you will start to believe in yourself too.

Now, if you want to be a Rock Star, but are tone deaf, and have never picked up an instrument in your life - then you could be faced with challenges along the road to becoming what you want to be. But in general, most of us have other versions of ourselves that we want to realize more fully that we already have at least some rudimentary talents in.

I want to be a filmmaker. I have filmed some little things with my friends, shot some weddings - but nothing one would label me as a professional. One day it clicked for me. I realized that I wasn't going to become a filmmaker if I just sat around in my free time, only to occasionally pick up a camera. I started asking around: Can I film your band/not for profit group/wedding? Wanna make a Music Video/Promotional Video/etc? Now I am starting to build my portfolio, and soon I won't have to work for free anymore, because I will be a filmmaker - then I can fund my love projects. Movies or documentaries that I want to shoot, but that nobody will help fund yet.

So again, you are what you want to be - you just have to be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home